Many people want to get into the world of freelancing because of the flexibility it offers. But, because there are so many freelance sites that exist, it makes them confused to choose the right freelance site.
This confusion generally arises because novice freelance workers are afraid of being cheated by clients who don’t pay for their hard work. You don’t want to have poured all your energy and time into a project, but in the end, the client runs away.
However, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will provide recommendations for a list of Indonesian and international freelance sites that have been proven to be trusted. So you can calmly look for clients and develop your freelance career. What are they?
12 List of Indonesian and International Freelance Sites
The following is a list of international freelance websites that we have assessed from their features, number/variation of work, and of course reviews from users of these freelance websites.
Let’s discuss them one by one!
The first international website on this list is Fiverr. Fiverr has a way of working that is the exact opposite of most existing freelance websites.
On other freelance sites, it is the client who makes the announcement looking for freelancers. But on Fiverr, it’s the freelancers who make the announcements looking for clients.
The system on Fiverr is of course unique. Because you don’t have to bother applying or promoting announcements opened by clients one by one. All you have to do is make your announcement and wait for your announcement to find the right client.
Fiverr also highly respects the privacy of the users who use the site.
So, you don’t have to be afraid of fraud or personal data leakage. Fiverr also uses a sophisticated data security system, so that when you exchange files there, security is guaranteed.
- Clients are looking for you. So, you don’t have to bother looking for clients here and there.
- Advanced security system. No need to worry about being tricked or having your personal data stolen.
Upwork is known as the largest freelance website in cyberspace with more than 12 million job seekers and three million clients there. With these extraordinary numbers, you can find many job opportunities here.
At Upwork, the payment system can be calculated per hour or per completed project. So, providing flexibility to both job seekers and service seekers.
Upwork also provides various features that can support your freelance career journey. Call it like collaborative space and making invoices.
- The biggest freelancing site. So you can find clients who need various kinds of work here.
- Flexible payment system. It can be per hour or per project, depending on the agreement.
- Freelance career support features. Such as collaborative space and built-in invoice maker. So, this freelance website is very accommodating for novice freelancers.
Almost similar to Upwork, Freelancer is also one of the best freelance sites with the most number of users. Based on reports, there are more than 42 million job seekers and clients using this Freelance site.
One thing that differentiates Freelancer from other freelance sites is that you are required to pay to become a member here.
However, take it easy. You are not told to pay right away, really. You are only required to pay after submitting eight proposals to service seekers.
- One of the biggest freelance websites. There are more than 42 million job seekers and clients.
- Free eight initial proposals (Free trial). You can try this site before deciding to buy permanently. This shows that this freelance website is suitable for beginners.
Unlike the other freelance sites on this list, to register with Toptal you must have a series of quality portfolios.
Because Toptal offers service seekers the best talents in the world. So that makes the selection process here also very strict.
Also read: Copywriter: What they do and How to become
Difficulty and guaranteed quality make Toptal pay much higher than other freelance sites on this list.
In addition, you can also choose long-term or short-term projects. So, it can be said that Toptal is the best freelance site for the elite.
- Top 1%. Only elite job seekers/clients are here.
- Pay is much greater than on other freelance websites.
To become a member at PeoplePerHour, you don’t need a penny.
However, the competition here can be said to be tougher than on other freelance sites. Therefore, there is a rating system here which is one way for your promotion to compete.
So, because of the intense competition at PeoplePerHour, you don’t expect to get big profits. Always set a reasonable price in order to compete with other users.
- No money is needed for registration. You can immediately register and use it.
- Rating system for promotions in order to compete.
Since its founding in 2001, Guru has become one of the best freelance websites in the world.
On Guru, both job seekers and service seekers are required to create their own profiles. Only then after they matched their respective profiles could work begin.
There are always new jobs at Guru every day, so you should check this freelance site frequently to keep it up-to-date. You can also search for jobs by location, category, or type of payment (per hour or per project).
- Profile matching system. This system can minimize incompatibility with clients.
- New jobs every day.
- The job search feature allows you to search for jobs based on location, category, or type of payment.
Perhaps from the variety of jobs offered, SimplyHired occupies the top position. There are technology-themed jobs, administrative work, to even construction work.
Apart from that, SimplyHired also offers jobs from 24 different countries and provides a feature to search for jobs in a location near you. Very useful, right?
SimplyHired is the best freelance site to offer jobs online as well as offline. So if you can’t find work on other freelance sites that match your skills, SimplyHired can be an alternative.
- There is a wide variety of jobs, from technology to construction.
- Jobs from 24 different countries. Opportunities to get clients are getting bigger.
- Jobs are available both online and offline. So it’s an interesting alternative to getting a job compared to other freelance sites.
As the name suggests, Writer Access is one of the best freelance sites for freelance writers.
In Writer Access, you can find various jobs related to the world of writing. Some of them include writing articles, case studies, scientific reports, and many others.
Writer Access also offers various tools such as keyword optimization, content planning, and analytics. These various tools can help your work as a writer to be efficient and of higher quality.
- Especially for writers. Freelance sites dedicated to writers are rare and this Writer Access is one of the best.
- Various helpful tools. From content planning to analytics.
9. 99 designs
From the name, it seems clear that this freelance website is focused on designers. Almost similar to Sribu, at 99design you can also compete in contests to attract service seekers to you.
Don’t worry, this freelance website also provides various articles for novice graphic designers. There are design tips, tips on building a freelance career, and many others.
- Focus on projects for designers.
- Helpful article. Various articles can help you build a freelance career.
Which freelance site is your target?
If you are just starting your freelance career, we recommend trying this freelance website that is suitable for beginners. Such as Fiverr, and Upwork.
Only after you are familiar with the world of freelance, you can register on international freelance sites to improve your skills and add to your portfolio. So, after you are truly an expert in the field you are in, you can try to join Toptal.
We hope that the 9 lists of the best Indonesian and international freelance sites above can help you get more clients. If you want your freelance career to develop further. we suggest you have a website.
Let’s use Cheap Web Hosting services for your website
Apart from making it look more professional, the website can be a place to put your portfolio so that it is more trusted. In short, having a website can be the best way to enhance your personal branding.
Take it easy, you don’t need a coding expert to create a website. A freelance designer or freelance writer can also have a website that is no less good.
How to? Just follow the steps that we have written in → How to Make a Website for Beginners [Without Coding].
Don’t forget to click the subscribe button below to get tips about the internet directly to your email. Good luck with your freelance career, ya!